What is a TSP?
A TSP is the training and supervision plan that is mandatory for PhD candidates starting their PhD track.
Every Graduate School / Faculty has their own TSP format. These formats can be found at www.ru.nl/horafinita; for the English versions www. ru.nl/english/horafinita. If your TSP has not yet been submitted, an orange warning message will appear at the top of your dashboard.
Three months after your PhD-track has started, you will receive a reminder email informing you of the upcoming checkpoint (CP1/OBP1) deadline and any actions you are required to take with regard to this checkpoint.
Where can I find my TSP?
Option 1: TSP tab
You can navigate to your TSP page by:
- First clicking on the 'Research phase' tab.
- Then clicking on the 'TSP' tab.
How do I complete my TSP
- Download the empty TSP form.
- Completely fill in the empty TSP form
- Upload your TSP. Use the 'Browse' button to find files locally stored on your computer and upload them.
- Press the 'Submit TSP for review' button
The contents required for the TSP are chosen by your Faculty/Graduate school.
At the bottom of the TSP page are three buttons:
- Click on the 'Submit TSP for review' button to submit your TSP for review.
- Click on the 'Save' button to save everything you have filled in so far.
- Click on the 'Back' button to return to the previous page.
Clicking on 'Submit TSP for review' will start the approval process. An email will be sent to all the people listed in the top right corner of the TSP, requesting them to review your TSP.
Once your TSP has been reviewed and approved by the PhD supervisor (and co-supervisor) and the Graduate School coordinator/Faculty PhD coordinator, you will receive the following email:
Any feedback you have received regarding your TSP can be found in the TSP approval email.
If any of the reviewers reject your TSP you will receive the following email informing you of the rejection along with feedback stating what changes/improvements must be made in order for the TSP to be approved.
In order to change your TSP:
- Log in to Hora Finita
- Navigate to the TSP page.
- At the bottom of the page click on the 'Change TSP' button.
- Make the required changes based on the feedback from the rejection email.
- At the bottom of the page click on the 'Submit TSP for review' button.
Once you have submitted the TSP for review, the approval process will again be started. All reviewers will again receive an email requesting them to review your TSP.
All future checkpoints and interviews will be listed on the TSP page in the bottom left corner.